ALISA FERRARA // Creative, etc.
A Bit About Me
I am a creative and resourceful professional with 12+ years of demonstrated success driving brand awareness, user experience, and consumer engagement for well-established organizations. Proven track record of leveraging creative/art direction with solid technical acumen to develop attractive marketing concepts, strategies, and branding solutions that excite consumers and grows various brands. Instrumental in developing user-centric content and marketing collateral to drive client recruiting and retention initiatives. Influential leader and collaborator, “swiss army knife” creator while leading top-performing creative teams and working cross-functionally to manage projects and meet critical deadlines.
But enough of the cover letter talk! The up-close and personal stuff...
I've spent the last 20 years of my life doing what I'd always envisioned myself doing when I was a child. I was the third grader creating my halloween scene on black construction paper with a ghost made from Kleenex while the rest of the class was simply drawing them with chalk. I was the fifth-grader with art institute catalogs under my bed whose answer for "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was "First, happy and second, an artist." I never grew out of it.
Fast forward to today and what I thought would be paper and pencil is now a Mac screen and mouse. It's problem solving and conceptualizing. It's turning an idea into reality. And it doesn't stop at graphic design. This same mindset AND skillset applies to video editing, copywriting, event design and production, wood-working, creative gifting, customizing my jeep, mowing my grass...
But I digress.
Simply put, I'm doing what I was always meant to do. I'm passionate about it and I'm good at it!
(Financial Independence Group)
January 2022 - Present
July 2020 - Jan 2022
January 2014 - July 2020
May 2011 - January 2014
Corporate Marketing, Creative Direction
Responsible for the overall design, development, and execution of creative marketing concepts for leading-edge initiatives and branding solutions for Financial Independence Group.
Manage and lead the enterprise marketing team of strategists, coordinators, designers, animators, content developers, video editors, and copywriters in creative thought and high-level execution
Operate in the role of Creative Director and Production Designer to accomplish company-wide recruiting and retention initiatives through email marketing, social media, industry events, lead generation, creative recruiting concepts
Senior Marketing and Creative Strategist, Art Director
Lead corporate marketing team of designers, copywriters, coordinators, videographers in development and design of marketing strategies and deliverables
Work with executives, sales teams, content creators and other company stakeholders to develop individual strategies to increase client engagement and recruiting
Work closely with Director of Corporate Events as Production Designer for recruiting, training, and educational events, brand creation, marketing communications, stage design, presentations, video production
Creative Production Lead, Art Director
• Oversee graphic designers and video editors
• Spearhead the design, layout, production of ads, and articles in-house and for clientele
• Mange the internal corporate design, web graphics, layout, and distribution of company magazine
• Develop event themes and execute marketing and branding elements relative to event needs and specifications
• Coordinate brand marketing programs and develop brochures, booklets, binders for marketing and training
• Manage clients video production (shooting, editing, and exporting) from concept to completion
• Implement and put into action the motion graphics pre-made templates to enhance final product
• Arrange and direct in-studio, corporate video sessions and photo shoots.
• Create and manage corporate promotional videos, weekly video announcements, event marketing, and theme videos
• Execute the branding, planning and production of annual sales symposium (500 attendees), and recruiting events (3 per year, 150 attendees).
• Collaborate with speakers in visual elements of keynote presentations run sound board and lighting
Graphic Designer + Video Editor
KAPPA Map Group
Nov 2010 - June 2011
Marketing Support Artist
• Designed and updated nationally published Road Atlas & Fold Map covers and interior ads.
• Created templates for all published material.
• Retouched photographs & vintage map images and purchased cover photography
• Assisted in-house print production and proofing.
• Designed and assembled product packages as well as ASR name badges
• Re-branded company logo and business card in order to increase brand engagement.
• Updated the layout, design, web images, print and distribute marketing collateral for company website.
• Created banners and signage for trade shows and advertising
Full Sail University, Graduated 2010
Associates of Science in Graphic Design
Valedictorian – 4.0GPA
Honors & Involvement
Course Directors Award in Typography and Page Layout
Course Directors Award in Designing Computer Graphics
Course Directors Award in International Property and Law
FS Award of Excellence in Graphic Design
Great Oaks School of Technology, Completed 2008
Certificate in Graphic Design